ABOUT ‘THE MACHINIST SUPER SHOPFLOOR AWARDS’
The Machinist Super Shopfloor Awards are organised by Worldwide Media (WWM), a fully owned subsidiary of The Times of India Group (BCCL).
The Machinist Super Shopfloor Awards is India’s first and only red-carpet ceremony for the country’s discrete manufacturing industry. Started in 2015, the platform has created a benchmark through its credibility, industry acceptance and popularity over the last Seven years. The 8th edition was celebrated on June 17, 2022, in Bangalore.
Nominations are invited from shopfloors (and not companies). It is an open and fair platform that truly brings out the best of Indian manufacturing. Eight different categories address the key measurable parameters for a manufacturing plant’s performance.
There are two segments to create a level playing field - Large Enterprises (Annual company turnover Rs.1000 crore and above) & SMEs (Annual company turnover less than Rs.1000 crore). Although MNC companies sometimes get treated as SMEs due to their India turnover being less than Rs.1000 crore, they are treated separately from homegrown SMEs to be fair to the latter.
Sending entries is simple and the nomination form is self-explanatory. Nomination FAQs are also provided to help plants create their nominations. The shortlisted nominations are assessed by an eminent panel of jury members, who are top management industry experts with substantial experience. The winning companies are selected based on their thorough evaluation.
The winners are felicitated at a Grand Awards ceremony and take home the coveted ‘Machie’ trophy. The Machie trophy has now become so popular that many now refer to the awards platform as the ‘Machie Awards’.
The categories include:
- - Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)
- - Manufacturing Excellence
- - Digital Manufacturing
- - Innovation (Product / Process)
- - Quality
- - Human Resources (HR)
- - Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- - Supply Chain
Editorial Choice Categories:
- - Outstanding Contribution to Manufacturing Industry Award
- - CEO of the Year Award (Male)
- - CEO of the Year Award (Female)
- - NextGen of the Year Award
- - Sustainable Manufacturer of The Year Award
- - Business Leader of The Year Award
- - Lifetime Achievement of The Year Award
- - HR Person of the year
- - Innovator of the Year Award
- - Best Organisation for Women
- - Best Women in the Manufacturing
- - Shopfloor of the Year Award
- - Best CIO of the year
June 22nd 2023
• Mahesh Babu, Group CEO, Switch Mobility
• TK Ramesh, MD, Ace Designers Pvt Ltd
• Harish Chavan, CEO - Swaraj Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
• Dr. Jairam Varadaraj, Managing Director, Elgi Equipments Ltd
• Preeti Bajaj, CEO & MD, Luminous Power Technologies
• Gursaurabh Singh, Founder, Dhruv Vidyut
Moderator: Abhijeet Sinha, Programme Director, Ease of Doing Business
• Sh Bhupendrabhai Patel, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Gujarat
• Mr Deepak Lamba, President - Times Strategic Solutions Ltd and CEO - Worldwide Media
• Ms Sunita Quadros, Chief Business Officer, ET Edge, Times Strategic Solutions Ltd